Today, our students were very excited about the vision of meeting their peers from abroad, therefore, they were preparing for this event with great motivation. They were doing this not only during the English lessons, but also training at home, by using Edmodo, our virtual learning enviroment.
The videoconference was a summary of the first Unit of a joint English syllabus. Students had the opportunity to test their language skills on live, and thus, they had to get in touch with foreign colleagues, respond to the teachers’ questions and sing a song about prepositions of place together.
Students from Poland, taught their colleagues from Spain that the refrain of the song can be shown by hands, which makes prepositions of place easy to remember.
- they know the prepositions of place
- they can ask and answer the questions from the song: Where is the cat?, Where is the mouse?, Where is the car?, Where are you? etc.
- They know how to interact (on live) with students and teachers from abroad.
- They learn the correct intonation and pronuntiaton
- Their level of motivation to autonomous learining is rising (They post in English on Edmodo very willingly)